Pursuant to the Article 103 paragraph 3 and Article 110 paragraph 2 of the Law on Marine Fisheries and Mariculture (Official Gazette of Montenegro No. 56/09), the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development adopted the following
on the form and contents of fishing log books, declaration on landings, report on catch and deadline for submitting the reports on total catch and landings and method of notification and keeping records on transhipping of fish and other marine organisms
This rulebook lays down the form and contents of the fishing log book (hereinafter referred to as: the Logbook), the declaration on all landings made in the designated landing port (hereinafter referred to as: the declaration), the report on all catch and catch landing (hereinafter referred to as: the report), the deadline for submitting the report and the method of notification and keeping records on time and place of transhipping of fish, other marine organisms and fish products.
The Logbook is a book of A4 format, with 75 numerated pages of which each page has two copies
The declaration is an integral part of the Logbook’s page.
The catch quantity is recorded in kilograms or units defined (box, etc.)
The data on catch landed shall not deviate more than 10% from the actual catch made.
The report is a book of A4 format, with 12 numerated pages, of which each page has one copy.
The data on quantity of fish and other marine organisms caught are entered into the report, in kilograms, by species caught.
Names of fish and other marine organisms are entered into the table »catch«.
In case no catch is made, only the data on fishing effort shall be entered.
The Logbook and the Report shall be filled in line with the instructions for filling in the Logbook and the report.
The forms of the Logbook and the Report are presented in annexes 1 and 2 that are printed with this Rulebook that they make an integral part of.
The holders of permits for commercial fishing with a fishing vessel of 10 meters length overall and above shall keep the Logbook and present a copy of the logbook page together with the declaration to a fisheries inspector within 48 hours from the moment of landings made.
The holders of permits for commercial fishing with a fishing vessel of up to 10 m length overall shall present the report on total catch and landing of catch to a fisheries inspector no later than by 15 day of the month for the previous month.
By way of derogation from paragraphs 1 and 2 of this Article, the permit holders who carry out commercial fishing by bottom trawls, pelagic (floating) trawl, entangling net and floating long line and make a catch of 300 or more kilograms of pelagic fish or 50 kilograms and above of other fish species and/or other marine organisms shall keep the logbook regardless of the fishing vessel’s length.
The holders of the permit for commercial fishing referred to in Article 5 of this Rulebook shall:
1) on daily basis enter the data on catch quantity, quantities landed and transhipped and on fishing effort into the Logbook, in line with the instructions for filling in the Logbook;
2) on daily basis enter the data on the quantity of catch and fishing effort into the Report;
3) enter the data on catch into the Logbook before the catch of fish and other marine organisms are unloaded from the fishing vessel;
4) enter the data into the Report no later than 24 hours after landing of catch of fish and other marine organisms from the fishing vessel;
5) enter the data into the Logbook and the Report in the manner that is readable and indelible,
6) not delete or change the data entered, while data entered incorrectly they shall cross with a single line and enter the accurate data, with a signature from the owner or the captain of the fishing vessel, or by the authorised employee at the fishing vessel – the fisherman;
7) within 48 hours from the landing of fish and other marine organisms, present the copy of the page of the Logbook to the fisheries inspector, the original of the page at the first sale point, that is, to the first buyer, and the other copy shall be retained in the Logbook and kept for minimum one year;
8) once a month present the original copy of the filled in report to the fisheries inspector by the 15 day of the month for the previous month, and retain one copy that they shall keep for minimum one year;
9) in case there was no fishing for the whole month, they shall notify the fisheries inspector in writing about the reasons for which they did not engage in the commercial fishing.
The data from the Logbook, the declaration and the report that holders of permits for commercial fishing present shall be used solely for the purpose of collecting the data for sustainable management of living marine resources.
In cases where the Logbook or the report is presented by mail, the package shall be sent together with the note on delivery and in cases where it is sent by fax, the subsequent delivery by mail or in person is required.
The data on catch shall be entered by the holder of the permit for commercial fishing in case he engages in fishing on his own, the captain of the fishing vessel or the authorised employee of the fishing vessel – a fisherman.
Persons referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article shall enter into the Logbook and the report full and accurate data on the catch.
In cases where persons referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article fail to enter full and accurate data into the Logbook, or they fail to present the data on catches and landings within the deadline set and in line with this Rulebook, then it shall be considered as if the Logbook or the report, as appropriate, was not kept or delivered.
The fisheries inspector shall present the copies of the pages of the Logbook and the report to the public authority in charge of fisheries affairs.
The data referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be entered into the database that the competent authority keeps in an electronic form.
The copies of the delivered pages of the Logbook and the report shall be kept in the archives of the competent authority for three years.
The holder of the permit for commercial fishing shall take over the forms of the Logbook and the report on the day of taking the permit.
The day this rulebook enters into force the Rulebook on the form, contents and keeping of logbooks on fishing or cultivation activities (Official Gazette of the Republic of Montenegro 10/04) shall be repealed.
This Rulebook shall enter into force on the eighth day from the day of its publishing in the Official Gazette of Montenegro, and it shall be applied as of June 1, 2011.
Ref No.: 320/10-1101-5725/8
Podgorica, January 18, 2011.
Annex 1. Logbook on catch and report on landing
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING IN THE LOGBOOK ON CATCH
Annex 2. Report on catch
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING IN THE REPORT